Monday, July 28, 2008

The Painter and Nursery

Brooklyn's 1st Day of Nursery

Family Pic Before Church


Yesterday, Brooklyn turned 18-Months-Old. At church when you turn 18 Months, you start going to nursery. This is where all the kids go during sunday school until they're 4-years-old. Unfortunately, Brooklyn wasn't very excited about us leaving her. She was doing alright until she realized that her daddy had left without her. In the middle of class, I hear this baby out in the hall crying "Mama, Mama" over and over again. Then I realized it was Brooklyn. The rest of Sunday school, I attended nursery with Brooklyn. Hopefully next week she will have so much fun, and not even realize that Ricky and I are gone. (Yeah Right!!)

Today, Brooklyn used all of her creativity and created some of her first masterpieces while finger painting. She did such an amazing job and it was like she knew what she needed to do. Here are a few pics that I took to capture the moment.


First Marks Made.

Having Fun While Painting.

Eating the Paint (She has to try everything at least once!!)

End Result.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

wow-18months old already! How time does fly!! She will get used to it I'm sure-hopefully before it is time to move her to sunbeams! :) haha! Becky, your hair looks cute short by-the-way! :) I don't think I've done the finger painting thing yet for Noah-and he is 3 1/2! Gosh, I better get on that! miss you guys!

Pierce and Stacy said...

She is SOOO so cute! I can't wait to see her soon. I can't believe how much she is growing up, and so quickly- finger painting, play dough, nursery. How exciting!

tina said...

You are so brave!!! What a great mom. I think I would be to scared of the mess to introduce finger painting that young but, it looked like Brooklyn loved it. She is adorable!!!

Pierce and Stacy said...

Becky, thanks for the sweet-a pictures! Stacy found this cool store up here, it's run by cute little Hispanics. They sell 40 dollar True Religion copy-jeans. Sweet? YES!

And I love it when you snap pictures of Brooklyn smiling.

See ya'll soon!

Melody said...

I don't blame Brooklyn, I wouldn't be excited to go to nurserry either. Thanks for calling the other day. I'm so bad at calling people. I loving being able to read your blog though because it makes me feel like we don't live so far away from eachother.